What is TallyPrime?
The aim of Tally has always been to provide its users with the latest and advanced software that helps enhance their experience while automating various processes, including accounting, inventory, compliance, etc. With this aim in mind, Tally has launched a newer, better and smarter version of Tally.ERP 9, which is called TallyPrime. This new product offers a great user experience and comes with a host of new features.
Retaining the simplicity and flexibility of the Tally.ERP 9 software, the newly launched product – TallyPrime – will help boost the efficiency of operations leading to greater productivity and faster results. With the TallyPrime software, you can take your business to the next level of growth, and some of the objectives covered include:
- Simplifying the Tally platform – #MakeEveryDaySimple – you can now discover products easily and complete tasks faster without the necessity of learning anything new.
- It comes with greater flexibility, which ensures that it can be customised to suit your business model and needs.
- The new TallyPrime software with its upgraded look and feel will also ensure that you never want to go back to the older version.
Key Benefits of TallyPrime
- The new GoTo and SwitchTo feature will provide insights about existing products showing you exactly what they can do for you, which will help you to improve the efficiency of your business. It will help you to multitask, enabling you to seamlessly move from one report to another while simultaneously tracking the previous actions.
- The dynamic reporting engine gets even more insightful, offering features such as Change View, Basis of Values, and Exception Reports. Here, the Change View feature provides alternative views of the same report, so you get better insights. The Basis of Values feature can provide you with a different perspective by changing the parameters in the reports. Whereas, the Exception Reports feature will highlight data that stands out in your reports.
- It has further enhanced & simplified the data entry and recording feature, thereby moulding Tally completely with your business.
- With the ‘More Details’ capability, you can handle all sorts of situations that you come across in your business on a day-to-day basis.
- To offer clients a great experience, it has also made the navigation – Top Bar, Right Bar, etc – more consistent.
Other Benefits and Features of TallyPrime
TallyPrime is a revolutionary product that is designed to ease various business functions, and at the same time, provides a user-friendly platform that is easy to use and manage. You can use this product as per your needs without relying on any outside help or support. In the case where you do require Tally support, the in-product help will guide you to make appropriate choices. Further, if you still require help to figure out the various functions of the product, then you can reach out to us.
Some of the features of TallyPrime include:
- Easy Information Access: With TallyPrime, all information of Tally and related systems are conveniently placed under the About Page, which ensures you receive faster support for all your queries.
- Intelligent Setup Manager: With this tool, you can interact with all the components of the system where the Tally is running, and it will guide you to troubleshoot any licensing or application run-time issues.
- Printing: With TallyPrime, you can print your invoices and reports in an eco-friendly way from anywhere. The eco-friendly printing also helps you save 50% paper.
- Windows Key: With various Windows key combinations like Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V, you can easily navigate Windows folders from within the product. This makes finding a location to either create company data in or to load existing company data simple.
- Mouse Compatibility: To improve ease of use, TallyPrime comes with the mouse compatibility feature, which ensures that you can use the product as easily as you use it with the keyboard.
- Single Sign-On: With this feature, you can load multiple companies with the same credentials using just a single log-in.
- Change Mode: With this feature, you can toggle between the various modes of transactions without any pre-configurations.
- Generate e-Invoice with ‘QR Code’: The TallyPrime Release 1.1 makes it easier for you to generate e-Invoice for all taxable sales by GST Regular Dealers. This feature is simple to set-up and allows you to generate e-Invoice in bulk and in real-time. It enables you to print IRN and QR code on the invoice. Also, you can access invoices in offline mode and cancel it if need be.
- e-Payments in TallyPrime: To activate the bulk upload e-Payment facility, you need to contact your bank’s relationship manager. Following the activation, you can enable e-Payments in TallyPrime and select the bank name from the bank ledger. This feature is now available by default for the following banks: Kotak Mahindra, ICICI, SCB, YES, HDFC, DBS, Bank of Baroda, The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd., Citibank.Also, it allows you to export e-Payments transactions from both – the voucher level and from the e-Payments report.
- Business owners can access business data through different reports and conveniently switch between them from anywhere using the new Tally GoTo feature.
- By using the Top Menu, business owners can perform several activities simultaneously like exporting reports, printing or emailing from anywhere without having to abandon their current tasks. TallyPrime allows you to multitask and also enables you to handle interruptions effectively during data entry.
- To offer business owners better insights, TallyPrime makes it easier to generate reports as per requirements. Also, the new features – change view, exception reports, and basis of value – are available across all reports.
- Recording vouchers and masters have become simple with TallyPrime. Whereas, the ‘More Details’ feature ensures that you can handle any situation effortlessly and get the work done faster.
Tally’s Accounting Prowess
- With the harmonized short-cut keys and uniform configurations/right-side buttons, Accountants can easily navigate and quickly learn about all the features of the new product.
- TallyPrime has also made data entry easier and recording vouchers & masters simple.
- To ensure that Accountants can work more efficiently, TallyPrime offers the ‘More Details’ feature.
- With the multitasking feature, Accountants can print, email and export any report without pausing their current tasks. This can be done by using the Top Menu.
- With the GoTo feature, Accountants can also access and switch between business data conveniently, and from anywhere.
- New features like change view, the basis of value, exception reports are available for all reports, which provides Accountants with enhanced business insights.
- One of the best features of TallyPrime, when you click on the “Select Company table”, it will help you to identify which of your clients’ data is on an older release and/or needs migration and repair.
- With the single-sign-on facility, GSTPs can easily load multiple companies with the same credentials.
- They can also conveniently access clients’ data from anywhere and switch between the reports seamlessly with the GoTo feature.
- Identifying and correcting details of masters related to compliance and other exceptions can be easily done from the Chart of Accounts.
- TallyPrime has made data entry simpler, and with the multitask capability, GSTPs can perform different tasks – printing, emailing and exporting data – simultaneously using the Top Menu.