Did you know that in Tally.ERP 9, you can implement all statutory modules and Tally.NET service from just a single screen?
Implementing company statutory modules in Tally.ERP 9 involves setting up of statutory masters by entering the required details, creation of needed voucher types and going through advance setup if required. Similarly, setting up Tally.NET also requires creation of users with different security levels and defining various authorization rights based on business requirements. Let us take an example. The standard steps required to implement statutory module for ‘Excise for Dealer’ is shown in the image below:
Remembering the sequence of creation of all these ledgers and voucher types is not a simple task. But, Quick Setup provides a
one stop solution that allows users to complete all these requirements in a sequential manner from a single screen. It helps users save time, prevent errors and makes implementing statutory modules in Tally.ERP 9 a stress-free experience.
Currently, Quick Setup feature in Tally.ERP 9 is available for 7 different modules and in this article let’s implement ‘Quick Setup for Excise for Dealer’. To start:
• Go to Gateway of Tally.ERP 9 > Quick Setup > Excise for Dealer
The ‘Quick Setup for Excise for Dealer’ screen has four different sections – Company Setup, Master Setup, Voucher Types Setup and Advanced Setup. It also shows the configuration details and status.
Company Setup: The ‘Company Setup’ option is used to create excise unit and it allows users to enter all the excise registration details through one screen. To do this:
• Click ‘C: Creating Excise Establishment/Factory’ > Press ‘Enter’ to open ‘Excise Establishment /Factory Setup’ screen > Enter the required Excise details > Press ‘Enter’ to accept.
Master Setup: The master setup is used to create Tariff classifications (HSN), Stock Items, and ledgers for Supplier and Customer.
• Tariff Classification: Here, you can classify stock items based on the Tariff Classification (HSN) code.
Note: The HSN Code (Harmonized System of Nomenclature) is an internationally standardized system of names and numbers for classifying traded goods.
• Stock Items: To create Excisable stock items for Sales/Purchase transactions and specify the group name, unit of measurement, rate, opening stock quantity and appropriate Tariff classification.
• Supplier or Customer ledgers: To create Sundry Debtor and Sundry Creditor ledgers and specify their excise registration details like registration number, date of registration, nature of purchase etc.
To create Tariff Classifications, press ‘Alt+T’ to open ‘Tariff Classifications (HSN) Setup’ screen.
• Enter ‘Name of Tariff’ as per your requirement > Select ‘Excise’ in ‘Used For’ > Enter ‘HSN Code’
•Similarly, you can create multiple ‘Tariff Classification’ on this screen. Press ‘Enter’ to save.
In the same way, you can create stock items and party ledgers.
Voucher Types Setup: To facilitate the transaction, four different excise voucher types can be created.
Here you can specify their ‘Method of Voucher Numbering’ and choose the appropriate ‘Excise Unit’. These are:
• Excise Purchase: To create and specify Excise Purchase voucher type.
• Rule 11 Invoice (Excise Sales Invoice):To create and specify Excise Sales voucher type.
• Purchase Return (Debit Note): In case of purchase return, you can create and specify Debit Note voucher type.
• Sales Return (Credit Note): To make sales return entry, you can create and specify Credit Note voucher type.
For example, let’s create Rule 11 Invoice (Excise Sales Invoice) using this simplified process:
• Press ‘F8’ to open ‘Rule 11 Invoice (Excise Sales
Invoice) Voucher Type Setup’ screen
• Enter ‘Sales’ in ‘Name of Voucher Type’ > Select ‘Method of Voucher Numbering’
• Set ‘Yes’ to ‘Use for Excise’
• Press ‘Enter’ to save.
Similarly, you can create different excise voucher types for Purchase, Debit Note and Credit Note.
Advanced Setup: This setup can be used when users have the following specific requirements:
• Create Additional Excise Establishment: To create a new excise unit when a company requires more than one Excise Establishment.
• Updating Excise Duty for Multiple Stock Items:To update duty details of multiple stock items with minimal effort.
To create additional excise establishment
• Press ‘Alt+X’ to open ‘Additional Excise Establishment’ screen.
• Enter ‘Name’ > Select the appropriate group in ‘Under’
• Select ‘Dealer’ in ‘Excise Registration Type’
• Set ‘Yes’ to ‘Set Alter Excise Details’ > Enter the required Excise Details
• Press ‘Enter’ to save
Similarly, updating Excise Duty for multiple stock items is possible in a simple way.
Hence now the Quick Setup wizard is here to help you through, with a simple solution for implementing all the statutory modules and Tally.NET.
Get more ‘Tally Tips’ on Tally.ERP 9 at