Did you know that the Tally.ERP 9 system enables you to save multiple addresses for your company and ledgers based on your individual requirement?
Do you work out of one office and have a godown located in another place altogether? Is it a problem to constantly co-ordinate with your suppliers to send the invoice to your office address, and the material directly to your godown? Or are you facing this problem where your suppliers have multiple addresses and want you to send the stock, reports, invoices etc. to different locations each time?
Tally.ERP 9 provides you a simple and easy solution, by enabling you to save an unlimited number of addresses for any ledger, or even your own company, with personalised names for each. This will help in faster identification of the addresses, for example in case a company has multiple branches in the same city, then each can be identified with a unique name set by you. For example, you may want to use your Branch Office address on invoices for a particular customer, while the godown address on the Purchase Order for your supplier. Further, while printing any report, you can select the address as required; say the Head Office in some and the Registered Office in some. Let us see how multiple addresses can be saved in Tally.ERP 9.
Entering multiple addresses for the company
To enable the feature,
• Go to ‘Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Accounting Features’
• Select ‘Yes’ for ‘Maintain Multiple Mailing Details for Company & Ledgers’
• Select ‘Yes’ for ‘Set/ Alter Company Mailing Details’ as shown:
You come to the ‘Address Types’ screen.
• Press ‘Enter’ for ‘Primary’. The Primary address is the same address which has been entered by you while creation of the company. If any modifications are made to it here, the same will automatically change in the ‘Company Creation’ screen as well.
• Enter the details of the Address as shown:
On pressing ‘Enter’ you return to the ‘Address Types’ screen, where you can enter as many addresses as required and give each location a personalized name.
Press ‘Enter’ and save.
Entering multiple addresses for a ledger
To create a ledger,
• Go to ‘Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info > Ledgers > Create’
• Press ‘F12: Configure’. You come to the ‘Ledger Configuration’ screen
• Set ‘Yes’ for ‘Use Multiple Address’ as shown:
• Press ‘Enter’ to return to the ‘Ledger Creation’ screen
• Enter the details of the primary address under ‘Mailing Details’
• Select ‘Yes’ under ‘Set/ Alter Multiple Mailing Details?’
You come to the ‘Address Types for’ screen, which is similar to the screen which opens for saving multiple addresses for the company. Enter the name of the additional location for which you wish to save the address. Say you have entered ‘Branch Office’. You will come to the ‘Mailing Details for: Branch Office’ screen. Enter the address details.
Press ‘Enter’ to return to the ‘Address Types for’ screen. Here you can save the details of all the different locations from which the ledger company operates.
Note: To modify an address at a later date,
• Go to ‘Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info > Ledgers > Alter’
Utilization of the multiple addresses feature while printing reports
As shared in the beginning, one of the important benefits of this feature is that the required address can be printed on the report as per your choice. For example, if your customer has to be sent the Outstandings statement, and he has only dealt with one particular office, then you can easily modify the address on the same, to reflect the address of that location.
Let us see how to select an address for printing in the Outstandings statement.
• Go to ‘Gateway of Tally > Display > Statements of Accounts > Outstandings > Receivables’ • Press ‘Alt + P’ to print or click on the ‘P: Print’ Button
• You come to the ‘Printing Bills Outstanding’ screen. Press ‘Alt + T’ to change Titling or click on the ‘T: Titling’ button as shown:
• You come to the ‘Report Title’ Screen
• Select the required location form the ‘List of Address Types’ displayed under ‘Company Address to Print’ option
Press ‘Enter’ and select ‘Yes’ under ‘Print?’. The Printed Bills Outstanding Report is as shown below:
This is an extremely powerful feature in Tally.ERP 9 which provides an allencompassing method to save complete details not just about your own organization, but about the various parties which you are dealing with. Simultaneously, combined with the capability to print your company logos, this feature also provides flexibility for you to personalize each printed document with the required address details and not waste resources on printed letterheads and stationery.