TallyPrime is the latest and the most significant release by Tally that has already made news for the abundant features it offers which #MakeEveryDaySimple. This advanced software is as simple to use and flexible as Tally.ERP 9. Its ease of navigation and user-friendliness makes it well-suited for individuals from the non-IT and non-accounts background. Also, with the focus on enhanced business efficiency, TallyPrime allows you to seamless access your business data anytime, anywhere securely using the web browser.
If you are looking for a TallyPrime guide on how to upgrade Tally.ERP 9 to TallyPrime, then here is a step-by-step guide that you can follow.
While Tally.ERP 9 is a perpetual license, Tally Software Services (TSS) is a yearly fee charged by Tally Solutions to keep Tally up-to-date. It is a service within Tally.ERP 9 that provides a host of value-added services such as remote access services, data synchronization within branches/locations, product updates, knowledge base, control centre, etc.
To upgrade Tally.ERP 9 to TallyPrime, you need to have a valid TSS. The TSS validity information section is available at the bottom of your Tally screen. If you have a valid TSS, then you are eligible to upgrade from Tally.ERP 9 to TallyPrime. If not, then you need to renew your TSS to download TallyPrime.
#Step-by Step Guide on How to Upgrade Tally.ERP 9 To TallyPrime
The below guide explains how to download, install and activate TallyPrime. You can either follow this guide to upgrade Tally.ERP 9 To TallyPrime or you can ask your service provider to do it for you.
- Step 1: Click here to download the TallyPrime .exe set-up file.
- Step 2: Double-click on the set-up file, following which the set-up manager will be opened. Now, click on ‘Update’ and once the update is completed, you need to click on ‘Start TallyPrime.’
- Step 3: TallyPrime will start in License mode, so you need to enter your username and password. Next, click on ‘Reactivate user license.’
- Step 4: You need to restart TallyPrime in Administrator mode. So, click ‘Yes’ when the dialog-box appears. Enter your .Net ID and password.
- Step 5: Choose the Tally.ERP 9 license that needs to be upgraded from the ‘List of licenses’ provided.
- Step 6: Once the selected license is configured, you’ll get a message: TallyPrime will access the license with serial number. To activate the license click on ‘Yes.’
Finally, choose the company you want to work on from the list of companies available and use TallyPrime for business transactions.
Note: You also need to migrate your data from Tally.ERP 9 To TallyPrime. Ensure that you migrate all required companies data one-by-one and before you migrate your data, make sure to take a backup.
Check out Auto Backup TallyPrime module.
#Difference Between Education Mode Tally And A Paid Tally License
One of the major difference between Education Mode Tally And a paid Tally license is that the education version is free while a paid license allows you to use the full version of Tally.
- In the education version of Tally, there are restrictions on when you can make transaction entries. For example, transaction entries can only be made on specific dates – 1st, 2nd and 31st of the month. In contrast, there is no restriction of dates with a paid Tally license. So you can enter transactions whenever you want.
- In the education mode, users can’t use the multi-account printing feature. Automatic Bank Reconciliation feature is also not accessible with the free Tally version.
- Likewise, in the free version, data synchronization and remote access to Tally data are not available.
These are just a few difference between Education Mode Tally and a paid Tally license. Thus, to make the most of the Tally software, buy a paid Tally license today!