In our previous blog How to File Form GST TRAN-1: Part 3, we discussed about the applicability of Table 7 of Form GST TRAN-1 and specifically discussed on how to capture the details in table 7(A) of Form GST TRAN-1. In this blog we will discuss:
- When 7(b) Form GST TRAN-1 is applicable?
- How to file Form GST TRAN-1 7(b) ?
When is 7(b) Form GST TRAN-1 applicable?
The table 7(b) of Form GST TRAN-1 is applicable only to those businesses where duties and taxes on input or input services have been paid by the vendor in earlier regime. But those goods or services are received on or after implementation of GST, that is, after 1st July, 2017. Basically, this section is for claiming the tax paid on goods-in-transit.
For example, supplier has billed the goods on 30th June, 2017 but you have received it on or after July. For you to claim the tax credit of CENVAT, including Service Tax or VAT paid on such goods, you need to ensure that the invoice or any other tax payment documents are recorded in the books of accounts within 30 days from the date of implementation of GST.
How to file Form GST TRAN-1 7(b) ?
The details of tax paid, both CENVAT and VAT on goods in-transit, and service Tax paid on input services received on or after July 2017, needs to be captured in table 7(b) of Form GST TRAN-1 as shown below:
Invoice-wise details are required to be captured in the above table. You need to mention the invoice details such as, name of the supplier, invoice number, date of invoice, description, quantity, UQC (UQC stands for Unique Quantity Code, prescribed by GSTN, irrespective of what unit of measure and symbol of the unit is used in your books of accounts. For example, if you have specified the symbol for Metric Ton as M.T, you need to capture the symbol as prescribed for Metric Ton, which is MTS, in the UQC field). And you also need to capture the invoice value. Under eligible duties and taxes, mention the details of CENVAT credit including Service Tax. Under VAT (ET), mention input vat including entry tax. In the last column Date on which entered in the recipients books of account, mention the date on which the invoice is entered in your books of accounts and to be eligible, it should be within 30 days from 1st July, 2017.
Steps to File GST TRAN-1 with above details in GST portal
- Login to GST Portal and navigate to Services -> Returns ->Transitions forms.
- Click on Table 7 of Form GST Tran-1.
- Select 7b-Eligible Duties and taxes/VAT/[ET].
- Click Add details available at the bottom of the page, and the table details as discussed above will be available as shown below:
In the above section, you need to manually enter the following details:
- Registration number of your supplier
- Enter the invoice details such as invoice number, invoice date, description of product, quantity and UQC (units of measure). If you are claiming Service Tax credit on input service, you need to mention ‘OTH’ under UQC filed.
- Mention the invoice value.
- In Eligible duties and taxes (Central Tax), mention CENVAT credit including Service Tax, and in VAT (ET), mention input VAT along with entry tax.
- Mention the date on which the invoice is recorded and make sure that the date of invoice is within 30 days from the date of implementation of GST.
To Download Form GST TRAN-1, click here
In our upcoming blog, we will be discussing on Table 7(C) and 7(d) of Form GST TRAN-1.
Get ready for GST with Tally.ERP 9 Release 6